Words to Page Counter: Converter to calculate Words to Pages
When writing, it is important to ensure that you know the number of words that you are completing in every section. This is more important especially when your number of words is part of the instructions. So, how many words are there per page?
The average and the general number of words on one page is between 275 words to 300 words for a double-spaced page and between 550 words and 600 for a single-spaced page. The variation occurs due to the differences in writing styles among people and the structure of their paragraphing styles.
The best and Free Word to Pages Counter or Calculator
To know the number of words per page or the number of pages for a certain number of words, we created a word-to-page counter for you. This free word-to-page counter will help you keep tabs with the word count you write and the conversion using any font and any spacing.
Number of Words in a Page
Because of the differences in the lengths, I will comprehensively discuss the factors involved and determine the number of words for each. I will also review the various factors that determine the word count to help you meet instructors’ requirements.
How many words are there on a double-spaced page?
Before delving into the number of words on a double-spaced page, it is important to first understand what a double-spaced page is.
In any application that helps you write or edit a document on your computer, tablet, or smartphone, you will be given an option to select the line spacing options. Normally, the options include 1.0, 1.15, 1.5, 2, 2.5, and 3.0.
Most essays and various documents are usually typed with either 1.0 or 2.0-line spacing options.
#This is where the so-called single-spaced page and double-spaced page options come in. When a page is single-spaced, it means that the 1.0-line spacing option has been used.
On the other hand, if a 2.0-line spacing option has been used, the page is double-spaced.
Now that the issue of single-spaced and double-spaced pages is clear, we can now explore the number of that can fit into a double-spaced page.
The number of words within a double-spaced page is usually between 275 words and 300 words when using standard fonts for academic writing like Times New Roman or Arial.
However, when using large fonts like Arial Black, the number of words will be fewer because they occupy more space within the paragraph.
Similarly, when using smaller fonts, then the number of words will increase in a double-spaced page because the fonts will occupy lesser space in each sentence of your paragraph.
Still, various factors will determine the number of words that can fit into a double-spaced page.
How Many Words are there on a Single-Spaced Page?
During the previous section concerning the number of words that can fit into a double-spaced page, we discussed the factors that determine whether a page is to be considered double or single-spaced.
We found that a single-spaced page uses the 1.0-line spacing option, meaning that the number of lines within each page will increase.
In short, it means that the number of words in a single-spaced page will be double the number of words in a double-spaced page.
Therefore, the number of words on a single-spaced page is between 550 and 600 words if you use the standard fonts and margins.
The reason why the term standard is emphasized is that most students are involved in academic writing and certain standards are used across different institutions.
Read more about an example of how many pages are in 1000 words for more insight.
What determines the Number of words in a Page
1. Line Spacing
One of those factors is line spacing options such as adding spaces before or after your paragraphs and removing such spaces between them.
If you add spaces before or after your paragraphs, it means that there will be fewer words within a double-spaced page.
If you remove such spaces before or after each paragraph, then the number of words required to fill your page will increase.
2. Size of the Font
The second factor is the size of the font you are using when creating your word document. It should be noted that this does not refer to the type of font used such as times new roman or Ariel.
It refers to the size of the font you have selected. In most formal word documents such as academic papers or essays, the instructor specifies the size of a specific font to be used.
Normally, the instructor will require size 11 or size 12 depending on the academic discipline or topic.
The smaller the font, the more words will be required to fill a double-spaced page like in the case of size 11.
On the other hand, if the font size is larger like in the case of size 12, then fewer words will be required to fill a similar page.
3. Bold or normal font
Another factor that determines the number of words that can fill a double-spaced page is whether the font is in bold or not. The bold font takes up more space within a page compared to the normal font.
What this means is that there will be fewer words within a normal double-spaced page, and vice versa. When italic fonts are used within a similar double-spaced page, then the number of words will increase because italics tend to compress the font.
4. Caps or Lower case
Uppercase fonts are considerably larger compared to the normal lowercase font. This means that fewer words will be required to fill a double-spaced page.
The margins of the word document will also influence the number of words that are required to fill the same page.
Though the aforementioned factors will affect the number of words required to fill a double-spaced page, it is important to follow your instructor’s specifications concerning the type of font to be used and so on.
You may also decide to follow the standard font type and size within your double-spaced page so that the number of words can remain within the normal range of 275 to 300 words.
A Summary of the Number of Words per Page Calculator
The below list gives an estimation of how several factors, as indicated above, will affect the actual pages when writing your article. The given details are only a guide since it may not be true in all cases. Let these examples act as inspirations when converting pages into words.
- Using double-spacing, 500 words are two pages. But when using single-spacing, 500 words are 1 page.
- When you apply a double-spaced design, it will take four pages to fill 1000 words. If it is single spacing, 1000 words are two pages.
- Using double spacing, 1500 words are six pages. But when applying a single spacing, 1500 are three pages.
- By applying double-spacing, 2000 words are eight pages. But when applying a single spacing, 2000 words are four pages.
- Using double-spacing, 2500 words are ten pages. But when applying a single-spacing, 2500 are five pages.
- Using double-spacing, 3000 words are 12 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 300 words are six pages.
- Using double-spacing, 4000 words are 16 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 4000 words are eight pages.
- Using double-spacing, 5000 words are 20 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 5000 words are ten pages.
- Using double-spacing, 7500 words are 30 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 7500 words are 15 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 10000 words are 40 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 10000 words are 20 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 20000 words are 80 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 20000 words are 40 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 25000 words are 100 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 25000 words are 50 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 30000 words are 120 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 30000 words are 60 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 40000 words are 160 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 40000 words are 80 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 50000 words are 200 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 50000 words are 100 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 60000 words are 240 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 60000 words are 120 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 70000 words are 280 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 70000 words are 140 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 75000 words are 300 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 75000 words are 150 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 80000 words are 320 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 80000 words are 160 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 90000 words are 360 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 90000 words are 180 pages.
- Using double-spacing, 100000 words are 400 pages. But when applying a single spacing, 100000 words are 200 pages.